1. Achilleion - beautiful Sissi's Palace and Gardens
In Corfu there are many places that are worth seeing and visiting when you’re holidaying on the island. A truly must-see place is Achillion Palace located only 10 km from Corfu Town in the little village of Gastouri. Gastouri is a small and extremely picturesque village that is traditional in its values, preservation, and history.
Achillion Palace is a luxurious and beautiful villa and it was originally built for the Elisabeth von Wiltelsbach Empress of Austria or widely known as Princess Sissy. The palace shows Princess Sissy’s love for Greek mythology and it is called Achillion to honour the Greek hero Achilles.
The villa itself was built in 1892 by the Italian architect Raphael Carito. The Princess used the villa as a summer retreat until her assassination in 1898 while in Geneva. Remember that her assassination was later turned into a film in 1955 starring the famous actress of her time Romy Schneider. It wasn’t until 1907 that the Achillion was bought by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany. He used the palace as a place to go to unwind and relax.
2. Kanoni & Mouse Island ( pontikonisi )
The cosmopolitan Kanoni is a place of magical beauty and one of the most well know sights of Corfu. Kanoni, once the capital and heart of the island is rich in nature, history and culture. The view of the island is one of the best in the world, framed as it is from the cypresses with their verdure. Pontikonisi in background is perhaps one of the most photographed spots in Corfu.
3. Archaeological site of Palaiopolis
4. Early Christian basilica at Palaiopolis
Please note: (in 3 & 4 sites, we do NOT stop, you just see them from the bus. )
5. Windmill in Garitsa bay
6. Corfu town
Charming, cosmopolitan Corfu Town (also known as Kerkyra) takes hold of you and never lets go. If you approach by sea, you will be met by the majesty of the famous Palaio Frourio (Old Fortress). Take a wander after the day-trippers leave to discover enchanting pastel-hued Venetian-era mansions, top museums and artistic life, and a buoyant year-round cosmopolitan spirit. Don't miss some of the region’s finest restaurants.
- Depart pier and drive to Achillion Palace- 30 minutes
- Visit Achillion Palace- 45 Minutes
- Drive to Kanoni ( pontikonisi )- 20 minutes
- Photo stop- 15 minutes
- Drive to Corfu town - 15 minutes
- Free Time in Corfu Town- 60 minutes
- Return to port- 10 minutes
Total = 180 minutes ( 3 hours )
All our bus tours, including complimentary :
- Drinking water
- Refreshments tissues
- Expenses of personal consumption
- Entrances to the museums ( Achillion Palace 7 euro | over 65 5 euro | Groups of 20 or more 4 euro )
- Proffesional guide ( extra 120.00 euro for half day and 150.00 euro for full day)